Sunday 2 October 2011

I HAVE WON...

...TWO FRONT ROW tickets to go and see my favourite singer, Elton John, live in concert on November 30th!!!  I'M SO EXCITED!!!!


Elton John introduces 2Cellos and snippet of "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting"
.
I won the tickets on my favourite radio station, Classic Hits 4KQ, during May in a competition titled "Eltonology"!  I entered my name and details on their website to enter.  The whole competition ran for a week, and on the Friday, the winner would win 2 front row tickets to the concert at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and the other 4 days would be the standard tickets!

I actually thought I'd have to wait until the Friday morning to win, but as it turned out, the station called me up on the Thursday morning.  It was all pre-recorded for Friday morning, so you wouldn't believe how surprised I was when I got the call and was asked a question regarding Elton's music.  The question - "On Elton's Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy album.....WHO is the Brown Dirt Cowboy?"  I answered without hesitation - "Bernie Taupin!"

As of now, it will be nine weeks until the big night!  It was decided that my brother Reece, who went with me to see Elton solo in 2007, will come with me again on November 30!  Reece did say after the last concert that he would like to see Elton with the band, so he's getting the chance!  I'm still deciding what CD cover to take to hopefully get Elton to sign, maybe my spare copy of "The Captain And The Kid".


2Cellos playing "Smooth Criminal".

This time around, I think Elton will have extra backing vocalists, and from what I've read, Elton had asked two cello players from Croatia, also known as 2Cellos, to join him, not just for his Australian tour, but for other concerts as well!  They won't only be the support acts but perform with the band as well!  If you want to know who 2Cellos are, I recommend you watch the video from YouTube of 2Cellos doing their rendition of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" above!  That is, apparently, how Elton found out about them!

I'm hoping to be notified by 4KQ very soon to let me know my free tickets are there and ready for collection.

Sorry I've been so lax with posts on my blog this year. I'm hoping to post more regularly from now on.

Have a great weekend!