Monday, 2 January 2017

Farewell 2016... Hello 2017!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my fellow bloggers and readers!

May 2017 be a better year for all! May you all have a happy, positive and peaceful year, no matter what happens.

Remember how I said I had big plans for 2016? Well, sadly, that kind of fell through because I had several distractions throughout the year. For one thing, I'm a terribly slow reader. I've got multiple books on the go, that includes novels, music, musician biographies, etc. I think 2017 will be the year I start reading one book at a time and I might have a better chance at getting them all finished. With multiple books on the go, I tend to forget certain things I've read, mainly in the music education books, so those particular books I'll have to re-read to take them in. 


For me, 2017 will be the year I throw myself into things I want to do.  This will include more practice on the guitar as I still feel like a beginner.  I was given the guitar close to one year ago by my brother, Beau. It wasn't a gift but rather, he passed on to me as he no longer wanted it.  I LOVE it but I do need to be more disciplined at playing it on a regular basis.

I purchased a couple of MIDI controllers made by Novation throughout 2016. With them came Ableton Live 9 Lite, a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), which pretty much turns your computer into a home recording studio.  It can create MIDI music and audio music also. I'll tell you more about those products in a future post.  I will be learning more about all these products as I put them through their paces this year. I want to be able to actually finish music that I've created and know that it's worth it.



On top of that, I look forward to singing again with the Mater Hospital's Sing For Health Choir and also hopefully joining a local choir earlier in the year.

I also want to lose more weight as I've still got a fair bit to go before I get down to my goal weight of 71kg. I'll talk more about what's given me the push in a future post.

Well, that's it from me, I hope to keep you up-to-date each week with what I'm up to, voice my opinions on any music related issues and other things that I care about. You can expect some reviews of albums too by artists I enjoy listening to.

Take care all, and may you have a happy, peaceful, prosperous 2017!

Love and peace to you all!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that red guitar!! Hope you get more practice time in this year and also play time with your recording goodies. Enjoy choir, too. Good luck with losing some weight. I'm trying, too. Happy 2017! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! I love the guitar too, great colour! Yes, I do hope I get more time to practice this year. Hopefully by year's end I'll be more pro than beginner. Hopefully I'll get better at the Novation instruments and Ableton too. I'll hang in there though. Choir should be fun too. Thanks! I hope I manage to lose more! I wish you a Happy 2017 and whatever the year may bring for you. Good luck with any goals you plan to reach this year too. :-)

      Delete
  2. Great post, Brad! Good luck fulfilling all your goals. I know you can do it.

    Love Mum xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mum! I definitely do want to get a lot done this year and looking forward to seeing what I get done. :-)

      Love Brad xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...